The 80’s decade belonged to slow transition but the 90’s was a different story. And the 00’s onwards? January 1, 2001 changed the pace and course of history. Oh, I need to catch up. There’s lots happening, am losing my breath. Am losing face and can’t stay linked. Am I atwitter? Don’t blame me. All fields are on fire: Science,Tech, Lit, TV soaps, stock markets, international relationships, arms accumulation, aggression, Creative Intent…. develop and progress at breakneck speed. What did the onset of 3rd millennium bring for mankind? Read on!
The five highs and lows:
- Nature and Man wreak havoc. Noticed a rise in typhoons, earthquakes, floods and consequent diseases? Man’s adding to it with escalating violence and aggression. International affairs need sorting and Nature? May soften too.
- Internet gains wide popularity, becomes easier to use and spreads it’s network of tentacles across the world. The most far-flung area becomes mainstream!
- Social media rules: Facebook, Instagram, twitter and more connect people across regions, communities and countries, bringing the people of the world closer. News and views spread like wildfire. Information rests at the fingertips.
- Literature hopped onto Harry Potter’s broomstick and whooshed ahead to a magical transformation.
- Entertainment and Sports offer a never before kind of experience. Apple ceased to be only a fruit and music forms and listening modes moved on from Walkman to iPod! Spoilt for choice. Consumerism reaches a crescendo or is there more on the way?
Man may have never had it this good. The best, the most, the finest are available at a glance. Can we possibly ask for more?
Yes, we can! Wait for the next one!